It might not be at the top of your Christmas list, but checking your insurance cover at this time of year could be beneficial.
Many of us can get caught up in the rush of Christmas and holidays, which can create mishaps while our minds are distracted. This could be in the home, on the road, out shopping or at the end of year office party.
Or maybe you’ll receive valuable gifts this year? These are all reasons to check your insurance cover this silly season.
Here are a few common Christmas insurance claims:
- Car parking using the touch method – shopping centre car parking incidents
- Christmas candle chaos – candles burning dining tables and wax spilt on carpets
- Never liked that show anyway – cracked televisions while putting up or taking down decorations
- Not so green thumb – living Christmas trees being overwatered, staining floors and carpets
- Party walkabout – items such as mobile phones and wallets going missing during Christmas celebrations
- It’s a wrap – personal items accidentally being thrown out with the wrapping paper
- That would look great at my place – outdoor decorations taken by revellers on their way home
Check out our home and car insurance, drop into your local branch, or call our Contact Centre if you’d like to chat about insurance.
We wish you all a very merry and safe Christmas and New Year.