Regardless of the time of year, there are always people being stung by their bank. You may even know someone who has said at some time over the holidays, “I don’t like who I bank with; I feel like they’re using me to make money for themselves!”
It’s important to be on the lookout to avoid those doing the stinging as they come in a array of pretty colours: red, blue, black, yellow. They may look harmless, but beware of their fee stings.
Within Summerland, we’ve recently seen an increase in stings being reported to Summerland’s LifeSavers (Loans Specialists and Banking Advisors); as a result of many banks wanting to hit sales targets for the benefit of their shareholders. Summerland does not have external shareholders, with decisions being made to benefit our customers; the real people who own 100% of our credit union.
To avoid any potential stings, we have a 5 point plan to guide you safely to a better place…
- Remain calm. You can avoid being stung!
- Remove the offending banking product from your life by dropping into one of our local branches or contact us online. Our staff would love to work with you to help you achieve the most with your money.
- Replace your current banking with only the accounts, products, loans and cards you actually need. Summerland LifeSavers are trained to resuscitate your finances safely and securely.
- Start to reward yourself more often, with the financial savings you’ll make from banking with Summerland.
- Enjoy banking with someone who respects each individual customer, is truly investing in your local community and has as their mission, ‘to make a difference’ to your life.
Find out more about opening an account today.