International Women’s Day is an important date around the world as it celebrates the respect and appreciation for women for their political, social and economic achievements.
At Summerland we are proud to represent women in the workplace and within our customer base. Here are some interesting facts about Summerland as an organisation:
- 68% of Summerland staff are female.
- Margot Sweeny has been the CEO of Summerland for almost 20 years.
- Four out of the five on the Summerland Executive team are female.
- Our Casino & Evans Head branch manager has been involved in the local community for many years.
- Our Nimbin Branch Team Leader was the first female to pass as an officer in the NSW fire brigade, which she’s represented for over 17 years!
- Summerland have been a strong advocate of women in football and business.
- Our Lismore Banking Specialists, both women, have over 77 years combined experience in banking.
We hope you have a wonderful day as a woman, and if you’re a man, celebrate the women in your life!