This year Summerland has registered to be a collection point for Mobile Muster.
Mobile Muster accepts the following items for recycling:
- all brands of mobile phones and their batteries
- all accessories including chargers, cases and headphones
- mobile wireless broadband devices
- wearables such as smart watches and virtual reality headsets
Did you Know?
- Over 95% of the materials used in mobiles are recyclable.
- These materials are processed and can be used to make new products.
- There are an estimated 25 million old unused mobiles in drawers at home and in the workplace.
- Mobiles should never be thrown out. They’re not biodegradable.
- Recycling 50,000 handsets can replace the need to mine over 240 tonnes of precious metal ore.
- All data left on a mobile will be destroyed by Mobile Muster during the recycling process
About Mobile Muster
Mobile Muster is the product stewardship program of the mobile phone industry and is accredited by the federal government. It provides a free mobile phone recycling program in Australia to the highest environmental standard. Since 1998 Mobile Muster has collected over 1,500 tonnes of mobile waste including over 15 million mobile phones and batteries. Recycling your mobile phone reduces the impact of mobile phones on the environment by avoiding future greenhouse gas emissions, saving energy and conserving our natural resources.
Click here for more information on Mobile Muster